Following a successful virtual Children’s Garba last year, the Young Lohana Society (YLS) is pleased to announce the return of Children’s Garba at the Dhamecha Lohana Centre (DLC) this year, subject to any updates to COVID rules.
Dates: Sunday 10th October 2021 and Saturday 16th October 2021
Times: midday – 3.30pm
It promises to be a fun filled and interactive afternoon of aarti decorating, garba, dandiya raas, a special aarti and all with lunch provided! Please see flyer below and visit www.ylsnl.com for full information on T&Cs and FAQ.
The event is suitable for 2-12 year olds.
This year, we are unable to accommodate under 2s attending with their older participating siblings, as we have done so in previous years. This year, the capacity has been reduced as a safety measure during the COVID climate, so we have made to decision to restrict the attendance age to enable the maximum the number of participating children to attend.
Each transaction will allows up to 3 children and maximum 2 adults per child. Multiple transactions may be required if you have more than three children, subject to availability.
All sales are final and all tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. YLS appreciate that circumstances can change, so if you are no longer able to attend, please contact us at email@example.com, as this may provide the opportunity to a child on the waiting list to attend.
For the safety of all attending, we would encourage all adults to do a lateral flow test within 24 hours of their chosen event date. Current government guidelines are that primary school-age children and younger do not need to test. We will endeavour to update our website (ylsnl.com) if the current rules change.
Capacity of the event has also been reduced compared to previous following a risk assessment.
There are several routes to find out about our children’s events.
This year, due to restricted capacity, tickets will be released to paid LCNL lifetime members and YLS paid members first. You can check eligibility criteria and sign up at https://lcnl.org/membership/ for LCNL lifetime membership, or https://ylsnl.com/memberships for YLS membership.
Please note that signing up as a LCNL lifetime member/YLS paid member, does not automatically guarantee tickets.
If you would like to register for the free children’s events mailing list please visit https://ylsnl.com/yls-kids-events
If you would also like to make a donation or sponsor us or part of the YLS Kids Garba event, please register your details with us via the sponsorship section on our website (ylsnl.com), and a member of the team will contact you.
Terms & Conditions
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult – a maximum of one adult per child. Unfortunately, due to restrictions with the capacity of DLC, we have had to take the decision to reduce the adult to child ratio with tickets to enable us to maximise the number of children attending. We are confident we will be able to return to the normal ticket process next year and apologise for any inconvenience that this causes.
- Tickets releases will be staggered this year- therefore the ticket purchase link will not be available in advance this year. Instead, the link to purchase tickets will be shared to paid LCNL lifetime members and YLS paid members on Monday 20th September, 8pm-10.30pm, via their registered email address, followed by general release to the wider public, via our non-member and children’s event mail-lists, Facebook, and Instagram pages, on Tuesday 21st September, 8pm, subject to availability,
- If you are not already a LCNL lifetime member or YLS paid member, and would like to be: you can check eligibility criteria and sign up at https://lcnl.org/membership/ for LCNL lifetime membership, or https://ylsnl.com/memberships for YLS membership. Please note that signing up as a LCNL lifetime member/YLS paid member, does not automatically guarantee tickets.
- Ticket prices are £5 per child, and £5 per adult + 75p booking fee per ticket. Places will be offered on a first-come first-served basis upon receipt of payment. Payment will be taken at the time of purchase therefore ensure you have your payment card available. You will be able to purchase a maximum of TWO “child + adult combination” tickets and a maximum of ONE additional “child” ticket per transaction (subject to availability) i.e. in any one transaction, you can buy for:
- 1 adult and 1 child OR 1 adult and 2 children OR 2 adults and 2 children OR 2 adults and 3 children Note: Due to high demand it is strongly advised that you purchase tickets promptly to avoid disappointment. If you find tickets are sold out for your preferred date please check availability for the second date if this is also a date you can attend.
- To give everyone a fair chance, you will not be allowed to attend both days. Tickets for both days are not interchangeable and we cannot accommodate switching between dates. Anyone purchasing tickets for both days will have all tickets cancelled.
- Once the events are sold out, we will open a waiting list for a limited time, via our website (www.ylsnl.com) and endeavour to accommodate your request should spaces become available.